Of love and other stuffs...





Funny...: “To die by your side is such a heavenly way to die.” -The Smiths.


What is love?


The question that has fascinated me till today and till the day I lay to rest. As there is no one answer to it and almost never the same answer given if you ask anyone the question "what is love?". I don't understand why people respond differently when asked this simple question, but what I do know is that you will find more relevant answers form people without even asking them the questions in the first place; all you have to do is sit a while, then watch and listen... and maybe you will come across conversations that reveals what love truly means:

#1
Love is when you walk all the way to the other side of the classroom to sharpen your pencil in order to walk by him/her, then you realize that your pencil... is a BALLPEN.

# 2
" Tom had learned anything... it was that you can't ascribe great cosmic significance to a simple earthly event. Coincidence, that's all anything ever is, nothing more than coincidence... Tom had finally learned, there are no miracles. There's no such thing as fate, nothing is meant to be. He knew, he was sure of it now... or is he?" - 500 Days of Summer

# 3
Math tells us three of the saddest love stories:
TANGENT; lines who had one chance to meet and then parted forever
PARALLEL; lines who were never meant to meet, and
ASYMPTOTES; who can get closer and closer but will never be together.

# 4
There are 2 dilemmas that rattle the human skull:
"How do you get rid of someone who won't go..." and
"How do you hang on to someone who won't stay?"

# 5
Clementine: This is it, Joel. It's going to be gone soon.
Joel: I know.
Clementine: What do we do?
Joel: Enjoy it.

# 6
Tom: What happened? Why - why didn't they work out?
Summer: What always happens. Life.

# 7
"The only problem with time mending things is that it takes a little longer."
"You lost the right to touch me when you left me."
"Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit." - Watermelon, Marian Keyes


# 8
Susannah: "Why is it that we can love so much that which only makes us cry?"
Irene: "Because it is that which calls us home to the heart." -By the Light of My Father's Smile, Alice Walker

# 9
Joel: [voice over] random thoughts for Valentine's day. Today is a holiday invented by greeting card companies to make people feel like crap.

# 10
"She said, 'I'm so afraid.' And I said, 'Why?' and she said, 'Because I'm so profoundly happy, Dr. Rasul. Happiness like this is frightening.' I asked her why and she said, 'They only let you be this happy if they're preparing to take something from you,' and I said, 'Hush up now. Enough of this silliness." - Kite Runner

# 11
"I think that there are some things you don't heal from. Not in this lifetime anyway," -Mad Dog, AW

# 12
"Tom: Ok but wait–wait. What happens, if you fall in love?
Summer:[she scoffs]
Tom: What?
Summer: You don’t believe that, do you?
Tom: It’s love, it’s not Santa Claus."
- 500 Days of Summer

# 13
"Summer: I woke up one morning and I just knew.
Tom: Knew what?
Summer: What I was never sure of with you."
- 500 Days of Summer

# 14
"Paul: Robin is better than the girl of my dreams. She's real." - 500 Days of Summer

# 15
Tom: I love how she makes me feel, like anything's possible, or like life is worth it.

# 16
Tom: Nobody loves Ringo Starr.
Summer: That's what I love about him.

# 17
Joel: [narration as Clementine acknowledges him by raising her coffee mug] Why do I fall in love with every woman I see who shows me the least bit of attention?

# 18
"I believe there is one soul in all our time on earth that just matches our own. We are always looking for it, moving in its direction, but so often it is never found," - Manuelito,AW

# 19
In life, you will realize that the people you meet have a purpose. Some were put there to test you, some would use you, some would teach you. And some would bring out the better if not the best in you. Some may even cause you pain and heartache but one must learn to move on. So let go of the people who can't treat you right and hold on to those who love you back and see your worth...

# 20
"There's no such thing as love, it's fantasy..." -Summer

0 comments: