One Year

Tioman_3
It’s with a heavy heart that I leave for Tioman Island for work purposes, feels like I’ve done this once before, going to an island I mean... Can’t shake the fact that there’s still a lot of work that I must do at the office, work that seemed to need more attention and is more critical to make sure everything is done in order. It’s what I have been working my butt of for the past couple of months in the office making sure everything doesn’t fall apart. But I guess I’m getting all worried about nothing, because it’s not like I’m the only one who is doing it. But sometimes it feels just like that, sometimes.



Maybe I feel uneasy to go because it might be from the fact that a lot of other people should be going instead of me. People, who would appreciate, enjoy and could have more of an experience that I could possibly have. Maybe it’s because of that guilt; I’m having second (thirds, fourths and so on) thoughts of going. But then again, a lot of people have gone out of their way to enable me to go to Tioman and I should at least thank them for that. Thank you. It’s just in my absence of acknowledging my worth to the company that I fail to notice that others have a better view of my worth. In other words, they see for me what I can’t see for myself. For that I appreciate it.

In the end, I of all people shouldn’t complain about all of this. Like the saying goes; “never look a gift horse in the mouth”. Appreciate what has been given to you and thank those who made it possible.



Why you should ask the title is ‘One Year’? It’s because it seems that life has gone full circle again. If I’m not wrong, I think last year it was a trip to Tenggol island. Coming back from it wasn’t something to look forward to. Going there was for all the wrong reasons and I hope that this trip don’t end up the same way… That’s jut all. The playing pieces have changed, but the game still remains the same. 

0 comments: